The Big Felafel

Hebrish is one funny language

Over the course of the past few months, I’ve jotted down a list of some of the best Hebrish words I’ve witnessed. I’m sure the list will grow over time as my amusement continues. Many are from my graphic design course, which provides an endless amount of Englew/Hebrish.

• אנדואים Undoim: Undos, as in, I’m using Adobe Illustrator and need to go back a few steps in my design. “Bo na’aseh cama undoim”.
  • אונלייניותOnlineiot: Describing your online profile. “Tivdeku at haprofilim onliniot v’offliniot”
  • ספוט קולורים – Spot Colorim: Spot colors. As in, let’s look at this color wheel and spot colors.
  • לפברק Lefabrek: Can you guess? Not to make a fabric (that’s what I thought). To fabricate. Did you get it right?
  • שרקיות-Shrekiut: As in, this picture has two Shrek-like things coming out of its head, so you can feel the shrekiut.

Here are some more that you can figure out on your own:

• פיגורה (figura)
  • סילואטה(silhouetta)
  • קומפוזיציה(compozitsie)

And I did all this without hebrew letters on my keyboard! Thank goodness for the delete key. Do you have any to add?

Advertisements

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. מה את/ה אומר/ת? » ווֹט אַר יוּ הִיר פוֹר? pingbacked on 8 years, 3 months ago
  2. תודה למע”צ « Hoshvilim Weblog pingbacked on 7 years, 7 months ago

Comments

1. * Elazar says:

There are two that might show up in graphic design, although maybe just technology in general: “manipulatzia” and “integratzia”. Probably anything that, in English, ends with “ation”. Oh, and for anything even semi-mathematical there’s “milimeter,” but that’s Latin anyway, so I guess it’s fair game.

| Reply Posted 9 years, 4 months ago
  2. The motor vehicle industry has spawned many excellent ones as well:

???’????? – the guy who fixes flat tires
    ??-??? ???? – front “back axle”
    ????? – exhaust

| Reply Posted 9 years, 4 months ago
  3. Grr! Your comment engine wouldn’t let me enter in Hebrew and English Characters.

Egzozim
    Beck-Ecks Kidmi
    Panchermacher

| Reply Posted 9 years, 4 months ago
  4. * Anne K says:

How about ???????? breiksim (brakes) and ?????? plugim (plugs) in your car. Not to mention the ??-???? ???? beck-exel kidmi i.e. “front back-axle”, i.e. your front axle.

| Reply Posted 9 years, 4 months ago
  5. * Anne says:

I have a few examples for you but the comments won’t allow Hebrew lettering. Sorry. Here they are in English only.

How about breiksim (brakes) an plugim (plugs) in your car. Not to mention the beck-exel kidmi i.e. “front back-axle”, i.e. your front axle.

| Reply Posted 9 years, 4 months ago