Hebrish is one funny language
Over the course of the past few months, I’ve jotted down a list of some of the best Hebrish words I’ve witnessed. I’m sure the list will grow over time as my amusement continues. Many are from my graphic design course, which provides an endless amount of Englew/Hebrish.
- אנדואים Undoim: Undos, as in, I’m using Adobe Illustrator and need to go back a few steps in my design. “Bo na’aseh cama undoim”.
- אונלייניותOnlineiot: Describing your online profile. “Tivdeku at haprofilim onliniot v’offliniot”
- ספוט קולורים – Spot Colorim: Spot colors. As in, let’s look at this color wheel and spot colors.
- לפברק Lefabrek: Can you guess? Not to make a fabric (that’s what I thought). To fabricate. Did you get it right?
- שרקיות-Shrekiut: As in, this picture has two Shrek-like things coming out of its head, so you can feel the shrekiut.
Here are some more that you can figure out on your own:
- פיגורה (figura)
And I did all this without hebrew letters on my keyboard! Thank goodness for the delete key. Do you have any to add?