The Big Felafel

Misrad HaPnim – Interior Ministry Hours

If you are fortunate enough to be able to go to the Misrad Hapnim in Jerusalem, sometimes referred to as the Misrad HaPanim, ‘the face office’ to get your passport renewed or other fun activities, here’s a timetable of when they’re open:

• Sunday to Thursday: 8-12:3o*
  • Monday and Wednesday: 2:30-5:30* – Recommended as the workers are less cranky.

Feel free to express your frustrations or any new changes to the schedule. Located on Shlomzion Hamalka in Jerusalem off of Yaffo St. As far as a phone number goes, don’t bother. I asked them once, and they laughed at me.

See comments below for info on the less crowded Gilo Branch. Thanks, Yael.

*These times are subject to change for the following reasons, so good luck.

• cigarette breaks
  • early lunch breaks
  • because they feel like it
  • phone calls to friends or family
  • sodoku

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

Comments

1. * Yael Bloch says:

The Gilo branch of Misrad Hapnim is a well kept secret. The lines there are practically non-existent.

Their phone number is : 02-645-2880, and their hours are 8-12 Sunday-Thursday and Monday and Wednesday 2:30pm-5:30pm. (Check to make sure these hours are right before you go there)

?? ???? ????? ???????? – ????
    ?????: ???? ????? 800, ????? ?????? ????

Generally in all government offices, it is advantageous to go during the afternoon hours.

| Reply Posted 8 years, 11 months ago
  2. * Yael Bloch says:

I see my Hebrew didn’t come out–the address is listed here..

| Reply Posted 8 years, 11 months ago
  3. * Menashe says:

a good link(in english) would be for the online printable applcation forms!!!!

| Reply Posted 8 years, 2 months ago
  4. * Flori says:

The service of the Misrad Hapnim in Jerusalem is really a shame. Since days I am now trying to get an appointment. Never ever someone picks up the phone, except the answer machine. Getting an appointment via email seems to be impossible, at least I do not know an email address which would allow for that. Does anyone know?

| Reply Posted 7 years, 5 months ago
  5. * Yechezkel says:

02-6290297 – fax no. u can fax with request & they phone back usually within 2 days, used by most of my yeshiva🙂

| Reply Posted 7 years, 1 month ago
    • * Rebecca says:

Yechezel – Good to know! Thanks!

| Reply Posted 7 years, 1 month ago
  6. * avraham chapira says:

I lost my teudat zeut.
    What I shall I do to get a new one?

| Reply Posted 6 years, 8 months ago
    • * Rebecca says:

Hi Avraham, I suggest going to the Misrad Hapnim and they’ll tell you what the procedure is.

| Reply Posted 6 years, 8 months ago
  7. * yirmy says:

I was once in the Misrad Hapnim in the office where they answer the phones. What do you think she was doing? answering phones? No way!! The phone was off the hook, and she was doing something at the computer!! I saw this with my own eyes!

| Reply Posted 6 years, 8 months ago
    • * Rebecca says:

Yirmy, The phone was off the hook??!!! Woah mam. I want to be surprised here….

| Reply Posted 6 years, 8 months ago
  8. * yirmy says:

Yeh, Yeh. Do you think they’re getting thousands of calls, that they’re always busy with previuos callers?…

| Reply Posted 6 years, 8 months ago
  9. * adit says:

May I know what are the processes and documents I need if I want to relocate my child from philippines to Israel with legal documents.
    Please give me contact person regarding this case.
    Toda Rava.

| Reply Posted 6 years, 6 months ago
  10. * adit says:

Do someone knows to whom I need to talk to regarding the relocation of child (from foreign country to Israel)
    Toda

| Reply Posted 6 years, 6 months ago
  11. * Mirym Ronn says:

I need a new passport. What shall I do?
    I am 85 years old and infirm, can I have the passeport without coming to the office by myself?

| Reply Posted 6 years, 5 months ago
  12. * Shalva says:

Does anyone know if this office handles Army Deferment for dual citizens?

| Reply Posted 6 years, 5 months ago
  13. * ray says:

does anyone know if you can pay by check for a teudat zehut ?

| Reply Posted 6 years, 3 months ago
  14. * Yitz Levy says:

I am currently in the states and I’m looking to order an entries and exits form For my wife and I. If anyone might know how I can do that it would help me a great deal. Thank you

| Reply Posted 6 years, 1 month ago
  15. * samera says:

I need a return visa to Israel to be stamped in my childrens passports they have an isreali id3 does anyone know what the process is

| Reply Posted 6 years ago
  16. * Jenni says:

Does anyone know the adress of the Mizrat ha panim in Tel Aviv???

| Reply Posted 6 years ago
  17. * Aaron says:

To samera 18 if you are out of Israel go to the nearest consulate, if in Israel go to Misrad Hapnim and get the necesary documents. If Everything is in “ORDER”(legal resident) that means your status, they might give the Children a TEudat Maavar which is a temporary document for travel or even the passport which costs arround 250 Shekels.Or they will explain better. Go in afternoon hours is better

For the Person 7 Avaraham Chapira (funny way to write I am also Szapiro and spell different) Go to the Misrad Hapnim fill in a paper with all the personal information: Need a Photo and 100 shekels if it is 1st time loss forsecond loss is like 500. Good luck to both

| Reply Posted 5 years, 10 months ago
  18. * deborah says:

Who know the adress of the misrad hapnim located in gilo?

| Reply Posted 5 years, 10 months ago
  19. * Danka says:

My daughter’s purse was stolen,including her Israeli passport.She has no documents that show photo i.d. except for a photocopy of her Canadian passport and old expired Canadian and Israeli passports.Does anyone know what she needs to bring to the Misrad Hapnim to get a passport?

| Reply Posted 5 years, 6 months ago
  20. * Patricia says:

An answer for Deborah #21: The address of the Misrad Hapnim in Gilo is:

Shopping Center
    800 Tzvia VeYitzchak St.
    Gilo
    In my experience, this branch is less crowded than the one in town.

| Reply Posted 5 years, 1 month ago
  21. * Sarah says:

what is the address of Misrad Hapnim
    on Yaffo road Jerusalem and the address on this web site for the one in gilo,
    should I write Misrad Hapnim
    Shopping Center
    800 Tzvia VeYyitzchak ST
    Gilo,Israel
    what is the code? Iwill be corresponding from the US.
    who is the person to address it to?

| Reply Posted 4 years, 9 months ago
  22. * Nicole says:

I have got another nice story for you:
    Did you know that the Misrad Hapnim will not issue me a new birth certificate? All due to the fact that 35 years ago my mother married a catholic man, has divorced him and has returned to the jewish religion again?! To them my mother isn`t jewish and so I am not and so my birth certificate is not valid! So now I haven`t been born anywhere by the looks of it. Oh yes… and my son – who will be born in January- can never be registered as I need these documents for registration…

| Reply Posted 4 years, 8 months ago
  23. * Lea says:

but keep in mind everyone that they only allow people from Gilo to use the misrad hapnim in Gilo. Don’t go threw the trouble of driving to Gilo if you are not a resident of Gilo.

| Reply Posted 4 years, 8 months ago
  24. * Mareah says:

Thank you for mentioning this about Gilo only being available for it’s residents. I almost got happy! Now I will return to Jerusalem and try to get an appt.

| Reply Posted 4 years, 5 months ago
  25. * Dina says:

The nastiness of the staff at the central branch is something else — but note, you are not told you need photos and money before you go there.If you’ve lost your teudat zehut you will need somehow to turn up with its number(as if its not on their computers!!)

| Reply Posted 4 years, 2 months ago
  26. * Sylvia says:

The afternoon hours in Haifa are bogus if you what to see the information person, because that person is not there. It is only for people who have appointments,they don’t even bother to put that on the hours posted. It is totally unbelievable.

| Reply Posted 4 years, 1 month ago